BRIEF PROFILE OF COL CAO NUTAKOR (RTD) Psc (++), MIAD, LLB (Hons), BL, BA (Hons)
Col Chris Afefa Oscar Nutakor was born on 13th March 1955. He trained as a teacher and taught for a while before enlisting into the Ghana Armed Forces. He was commissioned as 2Lt into the Ghana Army as an Infantry Officer, graduating from the Ghana Military Academy on 31st July 1981. He undertook all the military courses commensurate with his rank culminating in his attending the junior staff course at Jaji-Kaduna, Nigeria in 1991 and the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College (GAFCSC),Teshie in 1994 – 95.
He held several appointments including unit adjutant, Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Directing Staff and Chief Instructor (Army) at GAFCSC. His last appointment prior to retirement was G- COORD, GAFCSC. He was a Directing Staff at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, Nigeria from 2006 – 2008. Col Nutakor has varied peacekeeping experience and served in various UN and ECOWAS missions between 1982 and 2005. He commanded MONUC Ghanbatt 7 in the DRC from 2004 – 2005.
Col Nutakor holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degrees from the University of Ghana and Barrister of Law from the Ghana School of Law. He also holds a Master of Arts Degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy (MIAD) from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria. He is a member of the Ghana Bar Association. He is married with a son and four daughters. He loves reading and watching sporting activities. He was appointed Executive Director, VAG by His Excellency, the President of the Republic of Ghana on 1st June 2013.
The Underlisted appointments have been made at (VAG) HQ and Regional Offices
- The late Air Vice Marshall Odaate Barnor handed over his duties as Chairman of the governing board of (VAG)
to Commodare Steve George Obimpeh on 14 February, 2011.
- Capt Victor A. Ansah took over the duties of Public Relations Officer at (VAG) HQ from the Wing Commander Peter Abrokwa on 6 January, 2011.
- Major S. Sarkodie-Addo is now the Logistics Officer at (VAG) HQ in place of Major Kwabena Tabi Addae.The appointment took effect from 6 January, 2011.
- Ex-WOI Richard Ofori became the Chief th Clerk at (VAG) HQ with effect from 11 November, 2012, in place of Ex-WOII James Bennett.
- Ex-WOI F. Kwasi Antumwuni took over from Ex-WOI Alhaji Osmanu Yusifu as Regional Secretary Treasurer (RST) for the Northern Region on 1 January, 2011.
- Ex-WOII J.K.Acquah handed over his duties as Warden of the Amasaman Village to Ex-WOI Samuel Akomea Boateng on 31th December,2011.
- Ex-WOI Kwasi Manu retired as Regional Secretary Treasurer for the Eastern Region on st 1 May, 2012 and was replaced by Ex- WOI Michael Ayeh Djan.
- Ex-WOI Aboagye Da-Costa is now the Ashanti Regional Secretary Treasurer in place of Ex-WOI Oduro-Kwarteng . The appointment took effect from 5 June 2012.
- Lt-Col Y. Okyere-Adjekum was appointed Director of Finance at (VAG) HQ on 31 October, 2012. He replaced Wing Commander W.Opoku.
- Col C.A.O Nutakor was appointed Executive Director of (VAG) by the President on 1st June 2013. Capt Biezui has been appointed Acting Dir of Administration. The appointment took effect from 4 July 2013. He will act in place of the late Major H.W.O. Okai.
- Capt V. Ansah is to take on additional duties as Administrative Officer in addition to his substantive appointment.